New to Sea Kayaking Workshop Pool Session

rylevine

The NSPN New to Sea Kayaking Workshop Pool Session is May 11, 2013, 1:00-3:30 at the Haverhill High School Pool, 137 Monument Street, Haverhill, MA 01832. We have about 16 participants of the Gould Barn NTSKW that signed up for the pool session. As was done at the Gould barn session, we will break up into groups with a leader or leaders around a kayak. The goal is to have participants become comfortable in the boat on water and try out a wet exit without a spray skirt. I'll have skirts available if people want to try with one as well. The rest of the session is demonstration and teaching of forward stroke, edging, sweep turns, low brace, and possibly a T-rescue - as time permits.

Volunteer leaders and boats are needed. Please post here or PM me if you are available. Thanks!

Bob

Big Thanks to all the Volunteers at the NTSKW Pool Session yesterday!

We had 16 participants and more than ten boats available for wet exits (with and w/o spray skirts), and self- and assisted-rescues. The feedback I've received from the participants has been extremely positive and grateful.

Bob