Camper's Corner - April 20, 2013

Camper’s Corner – April 20, 2013

Great news! Our growing group of kayak campers has received approval to contribute in our own way to the New to Sea Kayaking Event scheduled for April 20, 2013 at the Gould Barn in Topsfield from 9:00AM to 1:00PM. Our section of the lawn will be fondly referred to as The Camper’s Corner. We will have all kinds of camping equipment and gear to examine and test.

Now we understand that kayak camping is an add-on to those who already have intermediate level or better paddling skills. But we believe our corner will attract three specific groups of paddlers. The groups may include;

1. New to sea kayakers who want to envision a future goal that might justify all their efforts in obtaining their paddling skills.
  2. Those who already have the paddling skills but have not yet begun to buy their camping gear.
  3. Those who have been camping but might be considering a new purchase or two and would like to see what others already have or regret purchasing.

In other words, there will be something for everyone!

For those who are wondering what will we see, let me give you a few examples.

1. A four season Hilleberg Staika two person tent. I love this tent! Come on spend your First Communion money!
  2. Four different Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina sleeping bags; 0, 15, 32, 45. You can never have too many sleeping bags. Great for double bagging!
  3. Exped DownMat 9LW with an R-value: 8. The LW is for living large.
  4. An NDK Explorer with an oval rear hatch, great for packing large items such as the Fondue set and the Martini bar.
  5. An all weather kitchen under a large tarp. Fully stocked with everything including the kitchen sink.
  6. And much, much, more!

Now here is where the experienced campers can help. Can bring some gear you would like to share? I hope so!

Warren

I can bring my bag, pad and tent if you would like. and perhaps somebody could figure out how to attach the closet (vestibule).

Hi Katherine,

Yes, I would very much like to see you with your gear in our Corner!!

Thank you,

Warren

P.S. I am sure we can figure out how to attach your vestibule. Every camper needs at least one vestibule!

okay ~I have a Mountain Hardwear bag for women, a thermarest pad and a tent from REI that I purchased from one of our most experienced campers -- I am a good resource for kayakers and campers on a budget :-)