Camping on Squam Lake! Saturday October 13th

PeterB

Camping in autumn foliage on Squam Lake!

This is an overnight trip, in conjunction with Doug's day paddle on Squam Lake Oct 13th.

We'll launch together with Doug's group (see details in Doug's posting: Squam Lake paddle 10/13) from Piper Cove at 10:50AM, make a day of it and paddle Squam Lake , then we'll stay on Bowman Island for the night.

This is an L2 to L3 trip: winds and wind waves can get severe on Squam Lake, but we're within a mile from shelter at any given time.

On Sunday we'll paddle some more and return to Piper Cove whenever the group wants to, probably early afternoon.

Bowman Island is a Squam Lakes association site, in a beautiful location in the middle of the lake, all set about with beech and other deciduous trees ; autumn foliage should be around peak.

Theres a $15 fee for the campsite; theres a fee to park at Piper Cove which is probably waived for overnight campers , but I'm not sure .

Please contact me here or by PM if you are interested, we'll have some camping/kitchen details to review. Carpooling always an option, too.I can also be reached by email at pbrady at neaq dot org.