Farewell to August moonlight paddle

lhunt

Thank you to Christopher and all for a wonderful trip, and to Lisa for posting photographs and our track. I hope the images of the sunset and moonlight sparkling over the water stay etched in my mind for a long while. Lisa, is it okay if I download a few photos for my personal use?

Elizabeth

Thank you all!

Yes, Elizabeth (or anyone else), of course. In fact, if you've done it already, do it again. I just replaced them all with full resolution versions. I'll leave them that way for a week or so (running out of space on Picasa).

A sunset to remember certainly.

It came to me as I was paddling that night what a shame it is to live in a mostly wooded neighborhood where one never really sees a decent sunset. Oh, well, can't have everything, seemingly.

Posted Image

-Lisa

Hey, Sir Christopher,

Sorry, I know your monthly moonlight trip is usually oversubscribed. But there’s little I can do to restrain my race-training partner and her camera. I hope her beautiful photos don’t make the trip even more popular. I realize that two full moons per calendar month are rare.

CAM-able Leon

First, Christopher, thank you so much for getting us together for a terrific paddle! I'm so glad I was able to make it. What a terrific night.

Next, Lisa, thank you very very much for the documentation of the terrific night. I have to admit that I IMMEDIATELY uploaded that pic of the group that you have above to my Facebook account. There are so many people there I wanted to make jealous. I'm sure I succeeded.

Sometimes I, too, think that living in the woods isn't the best choice, but then I remember that I can drive to coast for paddling in the summer and go snowshoeing out my backdoor in winter. I'm guessing those Rockport people don't come enjoy our woods over icy roads as we can go enjoy their coast.. We get the best of both worlds.

Sometimes I, too, think that living in the woods isn't the best choice, but then I remember that I can drive to coast for paddling in the summer and go snowshoeing out my backdoor in winter. I'm guessing those Rockport people don't come enjoy our woods over icy roads as we can go enjoy their coast..

Not to be the Grinch, but they don’t need to; they have plenty of wooded areas (especially along the coast between Manchester and Gloucester).

Just thought it would be nice to post something here honoring such an iconic American hero.

“We motes of cosmic dust achieve glory not by imagining ourselves as masters of the universe, but by fully knowing our place in it.”*

“That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”**

Rest In Piece - Neil Armstrong

* James Carroll, Boston Globe 9/3/12

** Neil Armstrong, The earth’s Moon, 8/20/69