Lanes Cove to Rockport and Straitsmouth

lhunt

Wow, Scott, v-e-r-y nice. Many nice ones there, but I really love #49.

-Lisa (no points on my tube, though...)

Well Lisa, I suppose if you do feel a little left out .... a Swiss Army knife could put some points onto either end of your "tube" ....... :-)

Actually he did a beautiful job on your "Wahoo" and I'm guessing it will get you to where you want to go with the efficiency you are looking for once you have it completely dialed in. I admire craftsmanship and that boat has it. My camera has been in and out with its' efficiency (ordered a replacement) and I was quite disappointed in the shots of your boat that I wanted that might have given it visual justice, but they simply didn't come out. The camera also let me down on Doug's "rock's & roll " adventure that would have accented the "Frolic" theme of the day.

Well Lisa, I suppose if you do feel a little left out .... a Swiss Army knife could put some points onto either end of your "tube" ....... :-)

Actually he did a beautiful job on your "Wahoo" and I'm guessing it will get you to where you want to go with the efficiency you are looking for once you have it completely dialed in. I admire craftsmanship and that boat has it. My camera has been in and out with its' efficiency (ordered a replacement) and I was quite disappointed in the shots of your boat that I wanted that might have given it visual justice, but they simply didn't come out. The camera also let me down on Doug's "rock's & roll " adventure that would have accented the "Frolic" theme of the day.

Scott,

As I was washing my kayak today in preparation for a new spread of 303, I thought of a better solution for a plumb bow/stern racing type kayak for impersonating the pointy ends of the more traditional kayaks. You definitely don’t want to cut points into the bow and stern. That’ll reduce the waterline length and hence the hull speed will suffer in the next competition. Instead, you could Velcro any shape you want to both ends. I heard that Valley is now making special add-on points for us jealous racing types that occasionally go on social paddles with, er, regular human beings. They have kits for Epic’s, Rapier’s, Wahoo’s, Nemo’s, QCC’s, etc. They even have a kit to hide the ugly rudders.

CAM-able Leon

Hah! Thanks from Miss Sally, Scott. She likes you, too!

-Lisa

(I'm thinking about a new camera, too...)

Doug, what type of camera do you shoot with? -- great colors, detail, etc.

Thanks Matt & Lisa.

Matt, the camera is a beat up, dented (no rust) 2 year old Olympus 8010 that also is in serious need of replacement. My biggest complaint with it is the slow power-on speed that from what I see in the new models has been rectified.

Scott, I like your pic #76 and Lisa I love the colors and feel of your #2 pic.

Doug

Hmm, these trip reports are getting pretty mellow and I guess that’s a good thing. But what happened to the exciting ones like:

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3177&hl=keith&st=0

or this one

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8502&hl=rick#entry49074

or heaven forbid this one

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=7417

?

CAM-able Leon

My biggest complaint with it is the slow power-on speed that from what I see in the new models has been rectified.

Are you considering the Olympus TG-820 iHs? I'm thinking of it. Gonna miss the GPS tagging, though...

Hmm, these trip reports are getting pretty mellow and I guess that’s a good thing. But what happened to the exciting ones...

Before you can have an adventurous trip report you have to have an adventure. I used to think it wasn't an adventure until you had come home and had a hot shower. Now I think it's not an adventure until after the trip report has been argued out and forgotten. Until then, it's an ordeal ;-)

Which reminds me, what was that big raft-up all about?

-Lisa