Great Wass kayak camping trip August 3-5

PeterB

Kayak camping trip to the Great Wass Archipelago, Downeast, off Jonesport, ME , Friday- Sunday Aug 3-5.

Depart Friday (Aug 3rd) , arrive at S. Addison (between Ellsworth/ Mt. Desert I. and Jonesport) in the early-mid afternoon, paddle to nearby island (@ 2.5 miles)band camp there for 2 nights. Paddle that afternoon or evening amongst the Drisko and Sand Islands, nearby.

Saturday: tour Great Wass Archipelago. Float plan depends on group, but prime destination will be Head Harbor and "the Cows Yard" ( a wonderful place) , with options to visit Red Head and "The Pond", a cove which is one of the more novel and interesting paces on the Maine coast.

Likely we'll setting off and returning via Moosebec Reach (the channel between Jonesport and Great Wass) we'll ride with the tides.

Sunday: morning paddling, then 2.5 mi. return to S. Addison and then home.

Camping two nights. Drive is about 6 hours from Mass.N.shore. Carpooling desirable.

Folks have the option to arrive early or stay and extend your trip afterwards.

If you're interested, contact me:post here, PM me, or email me at pbrady at NEAQ dot org.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to join if there is still room. Cathy has to work that Friday, so I will be solo. If anyone would like to carpool, PM me or email: robertfolster at verizon dot net.