2012 Essex River Race and Blackburn Challenge

Cross-posting from the Events forum per Leon's recommendation:

Registration for the 2012 Essex River Race and Blackburn Challenge events are open and can be found here:

2012 Essex River Race

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1081354

2012 Blackburn Challenge

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1097247

Matt :)

Cross-posting from the Events forum per Leon's recommendation:

Registration for the 2012 Essex River Race and Blackburn Challenge events are open and can be found here:

2012 Essex River Race

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1081354

2012 Blackburn Challenge

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1097247

Ha-Ha! I guess the NSPN police removed your race notices from the General Message Board. I guess they think silly incidents, jokes, etc. are more pertinent to the sea kayaking community than notices about local kayak races. But what do I know? I’m only the first member of NSPN (after the founder). Next time say some NSPN gal recommended that you post the race info on the Trips or General message board. Then it won’t be removed.

Hey Leon,

Personally I never saw that posted in the GENERAL MESSAGE BOARD. It is still in the "TRIPS" forum under the "TRIP & EVENT SCHEDULE MASTER" blog. I didn't add it to the actual "SCHEDULE MASTER" because these races are not NSPN trips but all the race schedules are still there. I can't imagine anyone deleting Matt's post. Are you sure you have it right?

Doug

Hey Leon,

Personally I never saw that posted in the GENERAL MESSAGE BOARD. It is still in the "TRIPS" forum under the "TRIP & EVENT SCHEDULE MASTER" blog. I didn't add it to the actual "SCHEDULE MASTER" because these races are not NSPN trips but all the race schedules are still there. I can't imagine anyone deleting Matt's post. Are you sure you have it right?

Doug

I wouldn't bet my life on it but I'm almost positive that I saw it in the General Message Board earlier today. But don't worry about it. It's not that important.

Leon

MattD sent reported his extra post with the following "hey there -- this post was doubled by accident -- feel free to remove one of them" and thus I deleted it.

That said it shouldn't be be in the General message board.

-Jason

No worries -- I did accidentally post to the same forum twice and reported the extra one -- the original post was in Events, where it makes sense to live -- just trying to get the word out.

Hope to see you all @ the races,

MattD sent reported his extra post with the following "hey there -- this post was doubled by accident -- feel free to remove one of them" and thus I deleted it.

That said it shouldn't be be in the General message board.

-Jason

Jason, why not? In the first four pages of the General Message Board I found dozens of posts about races. Some are notices about coming races and some are about results and other things. Some examples:

The 30th Run of the Charles Canoe & Kayak Race

A New Race in NSPN's Backyard (Marblehead)

NSRWA 21st Great River Race

Essex River Race Results 5/14/11

ROTC Kayak Race happening tomorrow

Mayor's Cup Race Pileup last year 2008

"Blackburn Challenge" PICS

NSPN Blackburn Particpants

Peaks Island Race

Essex River Fun Race?

Mayor's Cup Happening now..

Good Luck Blackburn Participants

Get Ready Now ! - Essex Race, then 20th Blackburn Challenge

Gerrish Island Race, Sunday

Jason, why not? In the first four pages of the General Message Board I found dozens of posts about races. Some are notices about coming races and some are about results and other things. Some examples:

The 30th Run of the Charles Canoe & Kayak Race

A New Race in NSPN's Backyard (Marblehead)

NSRWA 21st Great River Race

Essex River Race Results 5/14/11

ROTC Kayak Race happening tomorrow

Mayor's Cup Race Pileup last year 2008

"Blackburn Challenge" PICS

NSPN Blackburn Particpants

Peaks Island Race

Essex River Fun Race?

Mayor's Cup Happening now..

Good Luck Blackburn Participants

Get Ready Now ! - Essex Race, then 20th Blackburn Challenge

Gerrish Island Race, Sunday

Most of these threads are regarding how NSPN members did and talks about the experience. If postings about a future event slipped though and didn't get moved it would be an over site. As for the results one can argue that we should have moved them to trip reports....

Most of these threads are regarding how NSPN members did and talks about the experience. If postings about a future event slipped though and didn't get moved it would be an over site. As for the results one can argue that we should have moved them to trip reports....

Roger.