Boston Harbor, Sunday Sept. 18th

PeterB

Boston Harbor Tour Sunday AM Sept 18th

Meet at City Point, S. Boston 9AM for a 9:30AM launch.

Island hop to Spectacle and Long islands, thence to the Brewsters via. Gallops and/or Lovells Island.

The focus of the trip will be the Brewster Islands, (theyre very nice) with the option to make a longer day of it and cross to the Graves, depending on things.

Mileage @ 13 miles ,Return by 3-4PM.

Weather forecast looks good at this time. I'll post updates.

Bring helmets if intimate exploration of Brewsters is desired. , as they can be rock garden-y.

Weather forecast in the 60's.

Please post interest here or contact me by PM.

Peter my PM facility on this site is not working. Please e-mail me at sidcohen@simcatecservices.com.

Sid, you naughty boy: :emweather12:

Your PM facility isn't working probably because your'e an "unpaid member". You need to pay your membership dues, like we good boys do . :jig:

I'll email you.

brisk Sunny day forecast , high temps @ 65.

Increasing winds, but comfortable.

Trip is on.

Here are directions: meet at the very southeast corner of City Point . Theres a parking area there that should be self-evident, just east of where Farragut st. ends into the Wm. J Day boulevard

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=city+point+boston,+ma&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=goZzTpfkDons0gG1irnhDQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg

Synopsis For Massachusetts And Rhode Island Coastal Waters

Strong high pres will persist across the waters through Mon. A developing ocean storm will make its closest approach to the coastal waters Mon. Although it will remain well offshore...it will be close enough to increase winds and build seas as early as Sunday across the outer S coastal waters.

Forecast as of 3:45 PM EDT on September 17, 2011

Boston Harbor-

Tonight

E winds around 5 kt...becoming NE after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less.

Sun

NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.

Sun Night

NE winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less.

Mon

Thanks Peter and all for a very pleasant day out. I have posted a few pictures here.

Graham

Thanks Nancy,

Try and pick a day without a NE wind..... That was HARD work (fun but hard work).

Graham

Nice pics Graham. Ahhh, hope to do this paddle some day....