I wrote an article last year for the Yahoo Contributor Network on Monomoy, off Chatham at the southernmost elbow of the Cape.

There's been a third island, for three years now, on the western edge of the northwest flats. The Fish and Wildlife Service named the island Minimoy. You can't land on Minimoy: it's refuge land. Minimoy's been steadily gaining in size, bulk, and height over the time I've padddled past it.

Here's a link to the story. It doesn't feature Minimoy so much as describe the whole area. Lots of typos though:

Monomoy and Minimoy Islands, Chatham

post-100002-0-47357900-1306933713_thumb.

I wrote an article last year for the Yahoo Contributor Network on Monomoy, off Chatham at the southernmost elbow of the Cape.

There's been a third island, for three years now, on the western edge of the northwest flats. The Fish and Wildlife Service named the island Minimoy. You can't land on Minimoy: it's refuge land. Minimoy's been steadily gaining in size, bulk, and height over the time I've padddled past it.

Here's a link to the story. It doesn't feature Minimoy so much as describe the whole area. Lots of typos though:

Monomoy and Minimoy Islands, Chatham

post-100002-0-47357900-1306933713_thumb.

And South Monomoy Island is no longer an island. The Law of the Conservation of Islands?