BCU Coastal Navigation Class in Wickford, RI, April 9th and 10th.

(This was sent to me by email from The Kayak Center in Wickford. I thought I'd post it here)

The Kayak Centre is hosting a BCU Coastal Navigation Class in Wickford, RI , April 9th and 10th. This is a very functional class with 50% of the time on the water, and the other 50% on land or in the classroom. (It will be mixed up through the weekend.) The class is required for all those who are intending to do the new 4 star, but is obviously very useful for all paddlers, instructors and guides.

The syllabus will cover all that is required in the Coastal Navigation class plus John is adding his own practical day to make sure that the information is practiced and used by the students. For those of you who have never taken a class with John Carmody before, you will love his laid back professional style coupled with his experience in such an extremely important art - the Art of Navigation with a little weather reading thrown in.

2 Day Course.(April 9th & 10th) Cost: $270 for both days (Saturday & Sunday), plus extra $25 for those who want the BCU credential. Syllabus for the Course.

Please call The Kayak Centre or email us to register.

About John Carmody:

John Carmody transferred from blue ocean sailing to sea kayaking in the mid 1990's. Since then he has progressed rapidly through personal skills and qualifications. He is currently qualified as a British Canoe Union (BCU) Level 4 Coach Sea and 5 Star Sea paddler.

(This was sent to me by email from The Kayak Center in Wickford. I thought I'd post it here)

The Kayak Centre is hosting a BCU Coastal Navigation Class in Wickford, RI , April 9th and 10th. This is a very functional class with 50% of the time on the water, and the other 50% on land or in the classroom. (It will be mixed up through the weekend.) The class is required for all those who are intending to do the new 4 star, but is obviously very useful for all paddlers, instructors and guides.

The syllabus will cover all that is required in the Coastal Navigation class plus John is adding his own practical day to make sure that the information is practiced and used by the students. For those of you who have never taken a class with John Carmody before, you will love his laid back professional style coupled with his experience in such an extremely important art - the Art of Navigation with a little weather reading thrown in.

2 Day Course.(April 9th & 10th) Cost: $270 for both days (Saturday & Sunday), plus extra $25 for those who want the BCU credential. Syllabus for the Course.

Please call The Kayak Centre or email us to register.

About John Carmody:

John Carmody transferred from blue ocean sailing to sea kayaking in the mid 1990's. Since then he has progressed rapidly through personal skills and qualifications. He is currently qualified as a British Canoe Union (BCU) Level 4 Coach Sea and 5 Star Sea paddler.

They look a bit out of date in John's BIO. John is a BCU Level 5 Coach Sea and 5 Star Sea paddler. (One of the very few).

They look a bit out of date in John's BIO. John is a BCU Level 5 Coach Sea and 5 Star Sea paddler. (One of the very few).

And... John is Mr. Nav! I've seen him do some amazing stuff, and he teaches it superbly. Many top-notch paddlers and coaches today owe their nav skills in significant part to John's teaching and mentoring.

--David.