North River Race

Lbeale

Three of us did the race --Leon, Lisa and myself--yesterday along with many others--

A fun race (7 miles, more or less) with lots of bends--never did a river race before--different than ocean racing. Star paddlers Leon and Lisa did a stellar job of leading the pack--and for me, (not training this year), did okay--

Recommend this race to others who want to test river racing--Les

Yes, a fun race and extremely well managed by the volunteers. A red shirt everywhere you looked. The race goes "down river" (that is up river on a rising tide), so the 7 miles feels like 5.

By the way, I'd like to get a thank-you message to Bev Barnard of the Wild Turkey Paddlers for helping me after the race. If anyone is a member, could you pass him my email: lisa underscore huntington at yahoo dot com? (or maybe just share his email address with me I promise not to spam him) - thanks!

Lisa

Yes, a fun race and extremely well managed by the volunteers. A red shirt everywhere you looked. The race goes "down river" (that is up river on a rising tide), so the 7 miles feels like 5.

By the way, I'd like to get a thank-you message to Bev Barnard of the Wild Turkey Paddlers for helping me after the race. If anyone is a member, could you pass him my email: lisa underscore huntington at yahoo dot com? (or maybe just share his email address with me I promise not to spam him) - thanks!

Lisa

I'll email you Bev's address.