Odiorne to Jenness Beach

spider

I was away when folks last launched from Odiorne Pt (and missed some excitement so I see)

Today I was up at 4:30 and on the water by about 6:20 am. Thought I would mention the launch Gate is open 8am to 8pm. I had scoped it out the previous day but didn't know if they locked it or not, but sure enough it was gated, so I parked across the bridge where there is room for about 2 or 3 cars.

So all pleased with myself for the early start but there was beaucoup fog. Visibility around 50 yards or less I would say.

"Felt" my way along which was pretty easy as I was chasing low tide, but once I got opposite the Seacoast Science Center, I judged it not safe to continue till I could see better so all in all I paddled a small little area between a couple of buoys near shore for the better part of an hr before it burned off and I could continue

After that I took a short break or two continuing past Rye Harbor and Jenness Beach to a outcropping listed as Rye Ledge where I had a bite to eat, before heading back.

Water was pretty calm but I was surprised with a few big waves from time to time. Easy to see why Jenness is popular with the surfers, you could see them in the distance.

Tired puppy when I got back but other than my time being off about an hr (returned about 1:30) it was a beautifull day to be out on the water !