Rolling practice at Walden Pond

Lbeale

Wish I could join you again this week, Les, but unfortunately have an appointment at that time this Friday. Good luck with that roll, and let's meet up there again soon!

Will be going to Walden Pond to practice rolling on Friday, around 4-5 pm: depending on when it is open to let people in--all welcome to join me.

Les

Would you be willing to go around noon ????

I'm in that area then

Not sure if Walden is open at that time.

Deb

Would you be willing to go around noon ????

I'm in that area then

Not sure if Walden is open at that time.

Deb

Sorry I can't --have a meeting until 2-earliest for me is 3:30--does that work for you--have to call first to make sure they are open for more people--

Les

white's pond in concord is a nice alternative to walden. The water is clean and access is free. The only negative is parking(and no public restrooms), but you can drop gear off and park at the school around the corner.

white's pond in concord is a nice alternative to walden. The water is clean and access is free. The only negative is parking(and no public restrooms), but you can drop gear off and park at the school around the corner.

What is also nice about white's pond is that you can lave at your own time, you don't have to worry about having your car locked in just because you want to be on the water until it's almost dark.

Leslie, Lorrie and Deborah,

Finally!

Where have you been hiding all this time? ;)

I have been looking for practice partners on Walden Pond for ages!

I live very close to it.

This Friday (today) is my day off of paddling (tomorrow I resume).

I hope we can do it sometimes very soon.

I am available for weekday as well as weekend any time practice sessions.

Please let me know (even with a Private Message) when you plan to go again.

Even if it is a last minute decision.

This message is for all of you guys and galls who can come to Walden.

Greetings,

Konstantin

As I've heard Walden is limiting parking and also that ocean temperature is in full summer form I'd suggest rolling practice at any ocean put-in. Water, even when its on the cold side of the tide, is no longer "headache ready" and quite refreshing.

Pintail/Deb/anyone else, I'd join you at Lane's Cove at 10:30!

Or even better, I'd be up for Walden or White Pond any time. As far as closings go, we could always hit Walden first and if it's closed, head down the road to White. They're less than 10 minutes apart... Another possibility for practice is the lagoon next to the Esplanade on the Charles, launching from Magazine Beach or CRCK in Kendall Sq, if that's convenient for anyone else. (Bob, I agree the salty stuff is plenty nice this time of year, but the warm stuff is much closer to us Bostonians than Gloucester!)

-Dan

Deb, What about meeting at 1030 at the cove? I'll be there...

(Bob, I agree the salty stuff is plenty nice this time of year, but the warm stuff is much closer to us Bostonians than Gloucester!

Dude! From here, I can't tell the difference between Boston and Gloucester! They are in the same spot! ;)

Pintail/Deb/anyone else, I'd join you at Lane's Cove at 10:30!

Or even better, I'd be up for Walden or White Pond any time. As far as closings go, we could always hit Walden first and if it's closed, head down the road to White. They're less than 10 minutes apart... Another possibility for practice is the lagoon next to the Esplanade on the Charles, launching from Magazine Beach or CRCK in Kendall Sq, if that's convenient for anyone else. (Bob, I agree the salty stuff is plenty nice this time of year, but the warm stuff is much closer to us Bostonians than Gloucester!)

-Dan

Forest River/Willows is very difficult for people from the western suburbs to get to on Friday evening. While traffic is generally lighter on Friday, the afternoon escapees heading North make 128N impassable. Walden/White are great, but they are ponds....no conditions, no salt!. Perhaps we should try Boston Harbor practice sessions? I've paddled out of Winthrop in the winter, but am not sure of parking during the season there - or anywhere around Boston for that matter. Are there reasonable put-ins and practice areas in the Harbor?

Bob

Forest River/Willows is very difficult for people from the western suburbs to get to on Friday evening. While traffic is generally lighter on Friday, the afternoon escapees heading North make 128N impassable. Walden/White are great, but they are ponds....no conditions, no salt!. Perhaps we should try Boston Harbor practice sessions? I've paddled out of Winthrop in the winter, but am not sure of parking during the season there - or anywhere around Boston for that matter. Are there reasonable put-ins and practice areas in the Harbor?

Bob

Mystic Lake put-in is open for the summer. No conditions, no salt, but accessible.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3892004

what about "Sing's" beach in Dorchester? Salty, though really protected and just off of 93?

Phil

I'd be willing to meet people any day after work at that spot. I usually launch from there solo once or twice a week anyway.

Leslie, Lorrie and Deborah,

Finally!

Where have you been hiding all this time? ;)

I have been looking for practice partners on Walden Pond for ages!

I live very close to it.

This Friday (today) is my day off of paddling (tomorrow I resume).

I hope we can do it sometimes very soon.

I am available for weekday as well as weekend any time practice sessions.

Please let me know (even with a Private Message) when you plan to go again.

Even if it is a last minute decision.

This message is for all of you guys and galls who can come to Walden.

Greetings,

Konstantin

Hey- I've been looking for paddling partners too! I live in Sudbury and have been trying to paddle with the South Shore "Wild Turkeys", but the 2 hr drive down in 128 crawling traffic has been a killer.

I'd love to be included in any skills session on White's pond or Walden- and hopefully future paddles. I haven't "rolled" yet but have been practicing the "holding onto a partner's bow, going down and hip snapping back up.

Where can you put-in on White's pond and then park? Sounds great!

Hope to see you there soon!!

Barbara