A lovely Sunday (23rd May), Lanes Cove...

Pintail

A beautiful day in the sun and on the water: I played around in my wooden boat, mostly inside the cove, spending as much time upside down and on my side as possible; then I went out in the Nordkapp to play among the rocks towards Halibut Point -- just awesome. The tide was low, so lots of exposed hardness in and around which to play!

Were the other paddlers I saw also NSPN members? I forgot to ask the gentleman with the gorgeous Night Heron which he had built himself. There was also someone in an all-red drysuit and a white boat with yellow stripe (Explorer?) who had a really pretty forward stroke, as far as I could see.

Pintails, which Nordkapp do you have? I would love to compare notes sometimes.

A beautiful day in the sun and on the water: I played around in my wooden boat, mostly inside the cove, spending as much time upside down and on my side as possible; then I went out in the Nordkapp to play among the rocks towards Halibut Point -- just awesome. The tide was low, so lots of exposed hardness in and around which to play!

Were the other paddlers I saw also NSPN members? I forgot to ask the gentleman with the gorgeous Night Heron which he had built himself. There was also someone in an all-red drysuit and a white boat with yellow stripe (Explorer?) who had a really pretty forward stroke, as far as I could see.

Brambor, I <used> to have the Jubilee with normal hull and traded it in for an LV, which I have owned for about two years. Liz Neumeier also has an LV in all-yellow with flashy red trim: it looks wonderful! (Gene's old boat) While I loved <that> (previous) boat, it was rather high volume in front for me -- they have that acute and tall foredeck -- completely different in the LV...

I could not fit into LV but my Jubilee[(H20)Classic] is the right fit for me. I have added some weight to get it deeper into water. Are you going to paddle your Nordkapp during the night paddle?

I was thinking about bringing a different boat but perhaps I can raise the fear factor a few notches and bring my Kapp :-)

Brambor, I <used> to have the Jubilee with normal hull and traded it in for an LV, which I have owned for about two years. Liz Neumeier also has an LV in all-yellow with flashy red trim: it looks wonderful! (Gene's old boat) While I loved <that> (previous) boat, it was rather high volume in front for me -- they have that acute and tall foredeck -- completely different in the LV...

That was me, Christopher with the Impex Force 3 and all red drysuit. It was a beautiful day --paddled out to the Salvages, down to Rockport Harbor then back to put-in--if I knew it was you--would have invited you along or at least practiced my roll with the wing--next time--

Les

LESlie! I'm mortified that I didn't recognize you: apologies! I certainly did not recognize the look of the boat, except that it is very like someone else's Explorer (BobC's)...what a shame. I saw that you disappeared to the northeast and later followed some of the way in the other boat, to play among the rockery along the shore. Yes, when you saw me I was in the small wooden jobbie, just having fun (thanks to Mr. Sylvester for that one!)...