Gerrish Circumnavigation 5/15

5 folks in the group set off counterclockwise around Gerrish at 10:30am. A little bit of wind pushing us along and then pushing against us for most of the way. Estimated sustained 15-20kt with gusts to 25. Not much else in the way of conditions as we made for Braveboat for a bit of a break. Followed the creek back at a nice relaxing pace. Many thanks to Glenn, Phil, Bob, and Doug for joining the trip.

Good trip if a little windy. Welcomed Doug to the ocean with some challenging conditions but he held his own admirably. Gotta get back to braveboat when there's some swell coming in.

Phil

QUOTE (Kevin B @ May 19 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5 folks in the group set off counterclockwise around Gerrish at 10:30am. A little bit of wind pushing us along and then pushing against us for most of the way. Estimated sustained 15-20kt with gusts to 25. Not much else in the way of conditions as we made for Braveboat for a bit of a break. Followed the creek back at a nice relaxing pace. Many thanks to Glenn, Phil, Bob, and Doug for joining the trip.

Kevin,

It was a nice trip on Saturday. The wind gusts made the ocean side of Gerrish a useful exercise. I found my shore side paddle lifting in the wind, which was a little unnerving at times but easy to adjust to. The creek was a delight. I'm continually amazed to find beautiful wilderness so close to major cities. I think it is a distinctly East coast or New England phenomena.

Great to meet Doug, and spend an afternoon with paddling friends.

Bob

Good trip if a little windy. Welcomed Doug to the ocean with some challenging conditions but he held his own admirably. Gotta get back to braveboat when there's some swell coming in.

Phil

Doug who? I wasn't there.

Thanks to Kevin, Phil, Glen and Bob for keeping up with me in my first NSPN adventure

A little wind just adds to the focus factor and is good practice

Looking forward to the next time

the other Doug