Paddling Cape Porpoise on Saturday Dec 5th

brambor

If the forecast for rain is 10% or so I'm thinking about paddling Cape Porpoise on Saturday.

The forecast for Saturday at Cape Porpoise is:

SAT... N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 1 TO 2 FT. based on based on this link

and Cloudy in the 30's with 10% chance of precipitation based on based on that link

put and park in here:

43.367750°-70.432419°

Meet at 10AM, and put in when the tide comes close enough to go (about 30+ minutes). There will be about 4 hours of water to paddle. Not much distance but plenty of fun island hopping and possible rock play for those who know how. There is a nice lighthouse to visit, two geocaches on nearby islands that you can look for as well as an indian excavation site that we could check out (and not touch)

Meet at 10AM, and put in when the tide comes close enough to go (about 30+ minutes). There will be about 4 hours of water to paddle.

I'm going to be picking up my new dry suit in Kennebunkport Saturday, so this sounds like a great way to try it out. The only issue is that the shop opens at 10AM. Any chance the meeting time could be moved to 10:30? Both Tyson and I would be joining you.

Emilie

10:30 is perfect because at 11 it will be 2 hours before high tide. The put in is generally good 2 hours before high tide until 2 hours after high tide.

See you there.

I'm going to be picking up my new dry suit in Kennebunkport Saturday, so this sounds like a great way to try it out. The only issue is that the shop opens at 10AM. Any chance the meeting time could be moved to 10:30? Both Tyson and I would be joining you.

Emilie