Valley Sea Kayaks Web Site

NPSheehan

the site is up and running today

Did Valley really switch the day hatch covers from starboard to port on the composite models and keep them on the starboard side for the classic and polyethylene models?

I've got a 2004 Aquanaut HV (Argonaut), day hatch on starboard. A recent (2007-2008) catalog shows hatches on starboard side as well. Anybody have a new Valley to compare?

Yeah. I'm puzzled. I thought the chronology was: Qajariaq then Q-Boat then Anas Acuta HV

I think they should pick some tribal name like: "The boat of changing names" or something like that.

r

I think that was two names ago. That boat has had at least four names. ;)

Did Valley really switch the day hatch covers from starboard to port on the composite models and keep them on the starboard side for the classic and polyethylene models?

I've got a 2004 Aquanaut HV (Argonaut), day hatch on starboard. A recent (2007-2008) catalog shows hatches on starboard side as well. Anybody have a new Valley to compare?

It's more likely that hatch position has not changed and its just an image that they flipped 180 degrees horizontally because they wanted the boats facing in a certain direction on the page for layout/graphic purposes. Unlikely that they'd change hatches from starboard to port, that would require entirely new deck molds, I think.

However , like many before me, I have no factual information on which to base this, it's just speculation.

They still have some work to do to complete the Web Site. It appears the kayak photos are older models with the old style decals on the mid deck instead of on the sides and fore and aft deck areas. Not very impressive compared to their previous web site.

:thinking:

Neil