Sat. 9/26 Salem and vicinity

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Looks like a bit of bump coming in for the weekend. Anyone interested in putting in at the Willows or somewhere close by (no car for this Sat.) say late morning for a little time in the rocks? This would most assuredly be a rock play trip so bring that helmet! Please post, pm or email interest.

P.S. If anyone is interested in carpooling, then I can expand my potential play area :)

Let's meet at Tuck Point in Beverly (across from the Willows) at 11am and head out from there? Easier access to the water with limited parking on the street. I can paddle over and meet you guys there. Sound good? If not, and folks want to go somewhere different, can probably do a circumnav of Cape Ann if folks want rocks and distance.

Hey Kev,

That all sounds good. 11 am Saturday at Tucks Point in Beverly. How many hours do you figure we'll be on the water (so as to plan food and gear accordingly)?

mike

Hey Mike,

That will depend on the group, but I would guess an average of 5 hours give or take.

If you've never been Tuck Pt (Beverly) is at the end of Water St which is the last street on the left before you get onto the Beverly-Salem bridge on the Beverly side. Cabot and Rantoul streets merge nearby so it can be interesting taking the left depending on time of day/traffice. From Salem simply turn right after crossing the bridge. From 128N I'd take the Rte 62 exit east until it "T"s onto Cabot St where you take a right turn. From 128S I'd take 1A south which becomes Cabot St when Rantoul turns right at the Burger King, i.e. its more intuitive to get onto Cabot St there than to continue on Rantoul St/Rte 1A.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 23 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a bit of bump coming in for the weekend. Anyone interested in putting in at the Willows or somewhere close by (no car for this Sat.) say late morning for a little time in the rocks? This would most assuredly be a rock play trip so bring that helmet! Please post, pm or email interest.

P.S. If anyone is interested in carpooling, then I can expand my potential play area :)

Kevin,

Heading over to Tuck's in Beverly from Forest River. Will keep radio on Ch 72.

Bob