September weekday camping, Deer Isle

ayong

Bill and I have already posted for this trip; so far, not many responses, so we're re-posting to remind people that September can be a wonderful time to camp, and there are few crowds on weekdays.

We plan to start on Wed, Sep 23 and return Friday the 25th; some folks may want to stay into the weekend. We'll stay on a MITA island (tbd) in the Deer Isle area. We'd like to have up to 6 participants as that seems to be the average capacity of the islands. However, if there is much interest, I'm sure we can accommodate more.

We plan on parking at the Old Quarry Campground in Stonington and launching from there, camping on a MITA island and exploring during the days. This will be a level 3, CAM kayak trip and destinations, etc., will be agreed upon by the group.

Please reply here if interested.

Bill & Tom

Hey Tom and Bill,

I'm probably on for this trip if you'll have me.

"...if you'll have me..."

cool.gif...send your latest dry cleaning bill and dental records, we'll consider you...

...hope you can join us...

tombiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Bill and I have already posted for this trip; so far, not many responses, so we're re-posting to remind people that September can be a wonderful time to camp, and there are few crowds on weekdays.

We plan to start on Wed, Sep 23 and return Friday the 25th; some folks may want to stay into the weekend. We'll stay on a MITA island (tbd) in the Deer Isle area. We'd like to have up to 6 participants as that seems to be the average capacity of the islands. However, if there is much interest, I'm sure we can accommodate more.

We plan on parking at the Old Quarry Campground in Stonington and launching from there, camping on a MITA island and exploring during the days. This will be a level 3, CAM kayak trip and destinations, etc., will be agreed upon by the group.

Please reply here if interested.

Bill & Tom

Hi Bill and Tom,

Yes I am interested in this. I have a drysuit and camping gear, but have only paddled in that area once (day trip) so I am not familiar with the lay of the land (or should I say islands) of that area, but always wanted to go back to explore. I did stay at Old Quarry, campground once so know of that. I'm in N.H. and usually paddle out of the Portsmouth area.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Bill and Tom,

Yes I am interested in this. I have a drysuit and camping gear, but have only paddled in that area once (day trip) so I am not familiar with the lay of the land (or should I say islands) of that area, but always wanted to go back to explore. I did stay at Old Quarry, campground once so know of that. I'm in N.H. and usually paddle out of the Portsmouth area.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott

we have four firm commitments and two tentative; it will be great to have you in the gang. we don't have a lot experience inthe area but have charts and the MITA book; given the conditions of numerous islands in a reasonably sheltered bay, we should be able to get around pretty well using comjon sense to stay out of trouble .

We've started some discussions about sharing meal responsibility and possibly helping each other fill in gaps in equipment. Have you done any kayak camping? have dry bags, etc? contact me or bill to discuss--email for me is ayongtom at gmail.com.

all right!

tom