Full Moon paddle Gloucester Harbor Thurs. 8/6

eneumeier

I know, I know. The full moon is actually on Wednesday but work gets priority so I am posting for Thursday evening.

Launch time: 6:30 PM (beach briefing 6:15 PM) - near low tide

Location: Greasy Pole put in - AKA Pavillion Beach (end of the Boulevard where the Fisherman's Statue is)

Route: Paddle to Dogbar Breakwater via the inner harbor. (More takeout options closer to roads in case of thunderstorms.) Land at "lighthouse beach" and pull the kayaks up above high tide. Walk out onto Dogbar and have a picnic as the moon rises.

Return approx. 11:00 PM.

If you have lighting questions see this thread on the General Message Board: http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6148

Post interest here.

Liz N.

Hi Liz,

Makes sense to me to do the trip if we have a 3rd person. I'd need to leave my house by 4 or 4:30 this afternoon in order to make it up to Gloucester in time. So, please let me know by then if someone else is interested in joining, and I'll make the trek up.

Thanks,

Lorrie

Hi Liz,

Perfect. I'll keep an eye on the board in the meantime too to see if anyone else jumps in. It does look like it will be a beautiful evening so hopefully we'll have another taker!

Lorrie