Sunday - Harbor Islands (Hull Gut, Boston Light?) - Level 3

alcoons

Sunday is suppose to be the best weather of the weekend. Repeating last year's wonderful trip - Easy pace. Not pushing. Level 3 because of a possible combination of distance, tides, boat traffic and possible wind and waves, and current in Hull Gut (this has never been a problem along the Hull Shore). Note that I must be back by 3 PM.

Date: Sunday 7/19

Launch: 9:30 AM Winthrop End of Road, Airport Side (Beach Briefing 9:15 AM)

Return: 3 PM

Routes:

Tour of islands: 10-12 miles http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3013230

Boston Light: 12-14 only in good conditions and if everyone wants to go.

Trip Type and Tone: CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves.

Bring: Water & lunch

High Tide: 9 AM, Low Tide: Around 3 PM

Need at least two others to confirm. Check back here.

Al Coons

Cetus

Red/White

Sunday is suppose to be the best weather of the weekend. Repeating last year's wonderful trip - Easy pace. Not pushing. Level 3 because of a possible combination of distance, tides, boat traffic and possible wind and waves, and current in Hull Gut (this has never been a problem along the Hull Shore). Note that I must be back by 3 PM.

Date: Sunday 7/19

Launch: 9:30 AM Winthrop End of Road, Airport Side (Beach Briefing 9:15 AM)

Return: 3 PM

Routes:

Tour of islands: 10-12 miles http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3013230

Boston Light: 12-14 only in good conditions and if everyone wants to go.

Trip Type and Tone: CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves.

Bring: Water & lunch

High Tide: 9 AM, Low Tide: Around 3 PM

Al Coons

Cetus

Red/White

Hi, Al:

I can't get on the water until about 12:30. Any chance I could meet up with you on the water?

--David.

Hi, Al:

I can't get on the water until about 12:30. Any chance I could meet up with you on the water?

--David.

Always....love to have you with us. That is 3 hours after launch so might be on the way back if we do a short route but try to give us a holler. I will have my radio on 72. I don't keep my cell accessible, but perhaps someone in the group does.

It was good to see you last Monday at Mystic.

Al

Hi Al -

I hope to join you Sunday ... won't know until sometime Saturday, though -- just got back from CA this morning on a red-eye, hard to tell which end's up right now and a lot of stuff to get caught up with. Hopefully ...

Judy

David, what gives. Early Saturday and late Sunday? Anyway, Dee and I would love to launch from this side of the harbour (Deer Island) or were you still planning on Hull. We could head across to Boston Light and then take it from there.

Hope we can confirm by this afternoon at the latest. Weather prediction is high 70's, sunny, little wind or waves.

Al

Without any confirmations at this point (5 PM Saturday), I reluctantly cancel this trip so I can make alternate plans.

Al

Al-

Sorry, just got back from running errands all day. It's 5:50pm Sat. and if you still want to paddle Lorrie and I are up for it.

Phil

OK- 9pm and no modifications. Guess we'll figure out something else to do tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy the day.

Phil

Sorry Phil. Had to plan something else for tomorrow since it did not seem as if this trip was going. Ugh. Next Time I hope. Sorry.

Al

My apologies, Al. I should have made a commitment one way or the other earlier in the day, to allow you to plan. Truth is that I've been waffling -- am still pretty pooped and wouldn't want to slow others down. Anyway, sorry if I contributed to your planning difficulty, and that the trip's a no-go after your efforts. Next time?

Judy

My apologies, Al. I should have made a commitment one way or the other earlier in the day, to allow you to plan. Truth is that I've been waffling -- am still pretty pooped and wouldn't want to slow others down. Anyway, sorry if I contributed to your planning difficulty, and that the trip's a no-go after your efforts. Next time?

Judy

Hi Judy. Not a problem. Busy year for everyone. Hopefully next weekend if not before.

Al

PS. You never slow me down. Miss paddling with you.