Woods Hole Saturday -- any interest?

djlewis

There will be two max currents -- flood at 11:30, ebb at 4:30. So we could play in the waves and rip, enhanced by boat wakes, and paddle around in between. We could launch relatively late, like 10:30 and be done by 5:30-6:00.

Post here or email <djlewis at triadic dotty commie> if interested.

--David.

Dang Blackburn! I'm already booked for some Blackburn training on Sat. but there is a small chance that I would join if you happen to delay until Sunday. Don't change on my account because I'm not sure I could make it anyway, but if you do I might.

Cheers!

Ty

David- I might be interested. But I've got Max currents at 9:40a/10a (Woods Hole versus 0.1 off of Devils) and at 5p?

Phil

Interesting -- what's your source? You have a seven hour spread, while I see five hours.

My quote was MapTech for Devil's Foot -- 11:25 F / 4:33 E, to be exact

From Reeds AND NOAA I get exactly the same. (Well, Reed's is precisely an hour earlier, but looking closely I see they do not correct for Daylight Savings.) Looks like both Reed's and MapTech are using NOAA data.

I'm looking for a couple more folks before committing to this. Sunday is possible too -- the ebb will be kinda late in the day, but it would mean an even later launch, which is good for traffic going down.

--David.

Interesting -- what's your source? You have a seven hour spread, while I see five hours.

My quote was MapTech for Devil's Foot -- 11:25 F / 4:33 E, to be exact

From Reeds AND NOAA I get exactly the same. (Well, Reed's is precisely an hour earlier, but looking closely I see they do not correct for Daylight Savings.) Looks like both Reed's and MapTech are using NOAA data.

I'm looking for a couple more folks before committing to this. Sunday is possible too -- the ebb will be kinda late in the day, but it would mean an even later launch, which is good for traffic going down.

--David.

I have work this weekend, thus I can't go out an play....

As for the times;

Slack 07:02

Max Flood 11:25

Slack 14:11

Max Ebb 16:33

Flood Direction, 094 True. Ebb (-)Direction, 276 True.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get_predc...p;footnote=ac59

The 25th looks like more fun....

-Jason

Dave, you are killing me. I so badly want to go, but I can't make it down there this weekend because I have prior commitments in Boston. I did it solo last weekend and had a blast. I usually do Woods Hole solo because I'm down there a lot. Nevertheless, when I go solo I have to reign myself in more than I'd like for safety sake. I would absolutely love to do it with a group anytime...well, anytime but this weekend.

As far as I'm concerned, Woods Hole is the most interesting place to paddle, and I get out there as much as possible -- at least four or five times per year. Anytime someone is thinking of paddling there, please...please...please let me know. I usually don't bother posting when I'm down there because its hard for me to monitor the NSPN site when I'm on the Cape (and no one ever says "yes" to trips I post anyway!)

For the record, I'll be there the following Saturday, July 18, if anyone is interested, but that should be a separate posting so as to not confuse people about Dave's trip.