Help-VHF Standard HX350S antenna problem

glad

My antenna came out of my radio in an ugly sort of way .It looks broken...and of course has no reception.

I bought it with a group about 3 years ago. I can't find my receipt and think it's still under warranty. Does anybody remember any info about it? I think we bought it at a West Marine organized by ____ (lovely lady who moved to the Pacific coast...I'm forgetting her name now.

Thanks!

Karen

Karen:

The group buy was organized by Jeff Casey and somebody else. We all got copies of the receipt showing all the radios. If you need one, there are over 20 of us who (should) have copies. There was no serial number, so any copy will do to prove you bought it.

I believe it was bought at West Marine in NH. I also believe that you can return it to any West Marine for an exchange...assuming it is within the warantee period. We bought them in March/April 2003, so it's probably out of warantee (I remember it was a year). No harm in trying at a retail store: they are very responsive.

If not, Brian is right: you're dealing with the factory.

Scott

Was't that a Standard Horizon HX460S (below) that we group bought? That's what I have, though it's now sitting on my desk awaiting return to the factory to fix/replace on account of a probable failure due to water entry.

I did have to replace the antenna once, mainly becasue I lost the sheath somewhere. I think it was around $30, plus shipping of course. As usual, the cost of parts adds up to several times the cost of a new unit.

--David.

http://www.go2marine.com/go2_structure/8/4/2/7/84278F-p.gif

Not sure precisely what your problem with the radio is but if it's just a broken antenna, you can just order a new one for about $15 and not go through all this warranty rigamarole.

Jim

VCP Avocet, Aqua

NDK Explorer, White on White

Call Vertex Standard at 714-827-7600 and order a new one. It should be part # cat350. It is the "antenna with stud connector". I have the same model and have had a two week turn around twice. The second time they just sent me a brand new one which was a pleasant surprise after owning it for 2 1/2 years.