L3/3+ Solstice Paddle, Saturday June 27th

Bill Gwynn

Trip Initiator: Bill Gwynn

Depart Riverhead Beach in Marblehead at 10:30 am and head out to Childrens, then over to the Gooseberries, around Bakers, and over to Misery for a snack break. Return to Riverhead via Eagle and a trip through Dolibers Cove. Approximate distance 12NM depending how much we stop to play along the way, we will be looking for fun spots, rocks/surf etc. as we go. This is a level 3 to 3+ depending on conditions. Low tide is at 9:29 am, high at 3:52 pm.

We will meet for our beach briefing punctually at 10:15, suited up, with boats lined up on the beach ready to go.

Please RSVP to bill@kayakseamonkeys.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bill

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm interested.

Blaine B.

• 2 weeks later...

I may join in depending on conditions. I can handle the distance/pace with no problem, but surf and/or seas greater than about 2 feet are beyond me. If it looks like the conditions on the day are too much for me I'll drop back to the level 2+ trip.

Kevin

Here is a link with a graphic chart and the approximate course.

Looks like a great trip. I'm tentatively in, and will RSVP directly to your email address towards the end of the week.

Bob

Bill,

With the threat of T-storms, I may opt for the L2 trip, which goes closer to shore. I will make the final call in the morning, but just wanted to let you know I may not be there.

Bob K

Hi Bob,

We will all be "making the call" on the beach in the morning.

I may join in depending on conditions. I can handle the distance/pace with no problem, but surf and/or seas greater than about 2 feet are beyond me. If it looks like the conditions on the day are too much for me I'll drop back to the level 2+ trip.

Kevin

Given the forecast (2-4 foot seas, possible t-storms) I'm going to drop out of this trip and join the armada that is the 2+ group.

Kevin