Sunday--Gloucester Harbor Trip

Lbeale

Lane's to X and back means being on the ocean the whole time and not exposed to the tedium of the Annisquam River or Gloucester Harbour, both a plus in my book. It is true that it would be a bit longer but the trip allows one to set a pace, reach a halfway point, and turn around if need be (I made it 2/3 of the way and I wanna go back...). With good judgement Cape Ann should be respected but not considered treacherous.

Lane's to X and back means being on the ocean the whole time and not exposed to the tedium of the Annisquam River or Gloucester Harbour, both a plus in my book. It is true that it would be a bit longer but the trip allows one to set a pace, reach a halfway point, and turn around if need be (I made it 2/3 of the way and I wanna go back...). With good judgement Cape Ann should be respected but not considered treacherous.

My friend, since 1996, I've paddled completely around Cape Ann approximately 125 times (one year, twice in one day) and all or part of the stretch between Lanes and Brace’s Cove probably 1000 times (sometimes training for the Blackburn Challenge and other times for leisure touring and/or trolling for bass). Take my word for it, the stretch between Lanes Cove and Brace’s Cove is more dangerous (treacherous) than the rest of the circuit. One year during the Blackburn when the small craft warnings were up this stretch was where almost all of the capsizing occurred.

To me, neither the Annisquam River nor Gloucester Harbor induces tedium. But that’s just me.

10:30 is, believe it or not, quite early for me but I'm interested so I might be there, and I might not (how's that for vague).

I'm assuming someone will be monitoring 72?

Cheers, Joe