Volvo Ocean Race

bazzert

The Volvo Ocean Race competitors are nearly in Boston, their only North American stop in this race.

The first in port race starts Sat 5/9 at 1pm. I am going to try and find out more about the course but was thinking it might make an interesting kayak trip (launching from Deer Island) to watch either from shore, island or boat. Let me know if you're interested. The Boston schedule will be updated here (the video alone is worth checking out).

Barry.

The Volvo Ocean Race competitors are nearly in Boston, their only North American stop in this race.

The first in port race starts Sat 5/9 at 1pm. I am going to try and find out more about the course but was thinking it might make an interesting kayak trip (launching from Deer Island) to watch either from shore, island or boat. Let me know if you're interested. The Boston schedule will be updated here (the video alone is worth checking out).

Barry.

I would also like to do this paddle. Hope there will be enough interested to make it happen.

Norm

I am going to take my four year old to go see "the racing sailboats" so we'll be watching from Winthrop. The event facebook page has a lot of information for on water spectators. There is also a chart showing the course (Broad Sound so a launch from the north side of Deer Island would work).

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=47877862526

Barry.