York Harbor in the Fog

Suz

Because Spider asked, I will oblige with a quick report.

We were a group of 9 on the water. The fog was so thick that it was best to hand hold along the shore which presented a bit of an issue with the incoming swell. We paddled about 8 miles total and so didn't make the goal of Wood Island. No seals or snowy owls or if they were there, we couldn't see them.

I christened my new 161 on the rocks when I was tentative going through on a surge as I didn't want to scratch my new boat which of course landed me up high and dry on the rocks. After waiting and getting washed around a bit, I eventually had to just go for it and push off and grind the gel coat down a bit. Turns out that was nothing in comparison to two other boats that came home with holes. I didn't see either of these but heard one and new that it was going to be a repair.

All in all, it was a nice day on the water and I had the opportunity to paddle with some new friends and we all got off the water in time to still accomplish chores and get home to spend the late afternoon with families.

Suz