Sun 3/29 Circumnavigation

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Mar 24 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would anyone be interested in either of these trips? The tides will be right for Castle Neck. We can work out the details as we get closer to the date.

Hey Kevin, Pete and I may be interested in one of these. I would enjoy a paddle around Cape Ann. Considering that you and I have had at least two incompletes on that one I would like to complete it before it turns into an F or I have to repeat the whole course. But don't I have until the mid point of the next semester to finish? Oops, sorry, I was having another one of my college years flashback.

Ross

I would be into the Cape Ann circ.

Would be a good scouting mission for the Blackburn.

I'm not familiar with Castle Neck; is this a similar length paddle?

Jon

Ross,

Sounds good. We can make the final decision tomorrow.

John,

The Castle Neck loop is around Crane's Beach at about 13nm while the Cape Ann loop is about 22nm. Castle Neck means playing in potential current and surf on the outside with a quiet paddle on the inside. Cape Ann means rocks and some potential for surf in a few places.

FYI, forecast for Sunday as of 3/26

SUN

SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO

5 FT. SHOWERS...MAINLY IN THE MORNING. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Kevin,

I'm interested in joining the pod. Cape Ann sounds great, I haven't been around since the Blackburn last year but either will work for me.

Please keep me in the loop at plans unfold.

Sean

I would be into the Cape Ann circ.

Would be a good scouting mission for the Blackburn.

I'm not familiar with Castle Neck; is this a similar length paddle?

Jon

Kevin,

I'm interested in joining the pod. Cape Ann sounds great, I haven't been around since the Blackburn last year but either will work for me.

Please keep me in the loop at plans unfold.

Sean

Hey guys,

Current forecast for Sunday:

SUN

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT...BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FT IN THE

AFTERNOON. RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF

TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. VSBY 1 NM OR

LESS...INCREASING TO 1 TO 3 NM IN THE AFTERNOON.

What's the consensus?

Well... I'm always up for a paddle around Kettle Cove in Manchester. Lots to explore, some rock gardening, maybe some surfing. We could just poke around. If the weather turns bad then we head back. Not so concerned with the rain or the seas. But of course the t-storms are an issue. If any chance of, this area would afford us the opportunity for an easy landing or a quick paddle back. I'm still interested in getting out.

Ross

Still would like to get a 20+ miler in; anyone think they would be up for it on Tuesday? (wx permitting)

Would like to get on the water Sunday as well; can look at options as it gets closer. (The Wx-man is only right when its predicted to do what you want it to)

Laura and I will be heading to Portsmouth (NH) early tomorrow AM for expected off the water about 1300 +/-.

Jon

Still would like to get a 20+ miler in; anyone think they would be up for it on Tuesday? (wx permitting)

Would like to get on the water Sunday as well; can look at options as it gets closer. (The Wx-man is only right when its predicted to do what you want it to)

Laura and I will be heading to Portsmouth (NH) early tomorrow AM for expected off the water about 1300 +/-.

Jon

Jon,

Are you guys still planning on paddling Sunday morning ?

Sean

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Mar 28 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Sean,

I think we are all still on for tomorrow and now just trying to finalize plans. So Kettle, Cranes or Cape Ann?

Kevin,

Who else is going? I'm not familiar with So Kettle, but we should get an early start to make it around Cape Ann before the weather really goes south in the afternoon. How strong are the other paddlers? Crane is fine for me as well just need to know where and when, the earlier the better since I'm coming from much further inland.

E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO

6 FT. RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS

IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

Sean

Hey all, just back from Maine @10:45 so I wasn't able to check the posts. Didn't seem like there was a final consensus. If anyone is still wanting to head out call me 914-489-2673 anytime tonight or early tomorrow morning to figure out plans.

Ross

Hey all, just back from Maine @10:45 so I wasn't able to check the posts. Didn't seem like there was a final consensus. If anyone is still wanting to head out call me 914-489-2673 anytime tonight or early tomorrow morning to figure out plans.

Ross

Hey Ross,

Seems like an impromptu trip might be the best idea. Let's see how things develop in the morning.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Mar 28 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Ross,

Seems like an impromptu trip might be the best idea. Let's see how things develop in the morning.

OK sounds good. Perhaps we could do something shorter. Give a call or I'll call in the morn.

Ross