Pierce Island to the Haverhill pool session

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Four of us set off from Pierce Island around ten past noon fairly close to max ebb. Moving swiftly down the Piscataqua, dodging a few completely submerged buoys and not being bothered by base security, we headed southeast along Newcastle Island. The conditions were calm and quite balmy by recent standards. The trip was fluid from the start, so once we played among the rocks ending at Jaffrey Point, we decided to head further south along the coast. A bit more rock play and we headed for the backside of Newcastle. Our timing was only slightly off in re the tide cycle as we met the beginning of the flood halfway back to the put in. Back out into the river we had a short distance against the remaining ebb (Gerry pointed out that we had actually passed the transition point along the way) to travel on our way back to Pierce.

A quick bite and a rush to Newburyport to pick up G, it was off to the very well attended Haverhill Pool session. It was great to see the amount of energy, experimentation and enthusiasm present at this pool session. Folks were working on their own while others were seeking advice in true NSPN fashion. Everything was capped off with a great PPPO at the Tap, including my new-to-me favorite, Snow Bound:) Pics to follow soon.

Kevin, a day "yakking"? Where I come from, the word is slang and means chatting or making childish noise...which I <guess> is not what you meant to convey?

Please stop being fashionable and use proper terminology: the word is "kayaking", is it not? In any case, if you wished to save time, you have saved <one letter>!

A pox on you, Sir! Speak English, will you? ; ^)

• 1 month later...
Kevin, a day "yakking"? Where I come from, the word is slang and means chatting or making childish noise...which I <guess> is not what you meant to convey?

Please stop being fashionable and use proper terminology: the word is "kayaking", is it not? In any case, if you wished to save time, you have saved <one letter>!

A pox on you, Sir! Speak English, will you? ; ^)

We were definitely talking about meaningless things all day ;)