Merrimack River tomorrow 12/21

rossjb1

Any interest in a paddle on he Merrimack tomorrow? Not too long but just to get out. Pete and I may head up river from Amesbury (weather depending of course). Just a safe paddle along the banks. (probably around 11:00) Ross

Any interest in a paddle on he Merrimack tomorrow? Not too long but just to get out. Pete and I may head up river from Amesbury (weather depending of course). Just a safe paddle along the banks. (probably around 11:00) Ross

The ice flows begin and the Merrimack become non-navigable (at least for now)

The ice flows begin and the Merrimack become non-navigable (at least for now)

Mr. Padayak and I hemmed and hawed over the cell phone about having a go at the Merrimack from the town landing in Amesbury, finally bagged the idea around 1PM, as snow, wind and visibility worsened.

Driving over the bridge this morning, the Merrimack was a crazy quilt of ice floes, not even a navigable channel down the middle. So, it turned out that languishing at home with a bottle of hot sake, , wrapping presents & shoveling snow was the right course of action, vastly preferable to getting Shackleton'd out there somewhere.

Well, the trough of gear sits patiently at the doorway, poagies are at the ready, drysuit zippers are waxed and gaskets 303'd: sooner or later a mild winter Saturday or Sunday will come along...