Monday, 12/15 Paddle?

subaruguru

Monday looks like the warm but windy (SSW 18) pick of the week.

Anyone up for a midday paddle? Tuck's?

Ern

You beat me to the punch Ern. How about leaving from Gloucester HS (Annisquam River) instead? That way we can paddle out to the river mouth on the north side and see what the conditions are. If good, we can paddle east towards Folly Cove or west towards Cranes beach. If the conditions are really bad we could hang around in the river or perhaps go into Gloucester harbor.

So far so good. Just gotta make sure I keep my fingers warm as I have a piano recital next Sunday.

I'll need directions for the HS put-in. 11AM?

Any others wanting a casual winter paddle?

Ern

So far so good. Just gotta make sure I keep my fingers warm as I have a piano recital next Sunday.

I'll need directions for the HS put-in. 11AM?

Any others wanting a casual winter paddle?

Ern

11 AM is good. Looks windy but I'm game unless you want to switch to the Concord river in Bedford.

Directions to Gloucester HS:

Route 128 North to Grant Circle (a little past the bridge over the Annisquam)

Enter Roundabout and take first exit onto Washington St.

In about 0.3 miles turn right onto Centennial Ave

In about 0.4 miles turn right when you see the HS (Leslie O Johnson Rd)

Drive counterclockwise around the HS to the boat ramp (if the way to the boat ramp is blocked drive back out to Centennial, make left and look for a left to get you to the water)

Note: this is different than the NSPN directions (it avoids crossing the drawbridge over the Blyman canal)

Leon and I are on for Monday 11AM at the Gloucester High School. Will stay close in if winds are as forecast. Otherwise meander out a bit.

All are welcome!

Directions below.

Cheers.

Ern

Hey Ern, did you guys go, and how was it? Sorry I couldn't join you today, it sounded like you had a good plan given the conditions. Hopefully next time! -- Scott

Leon and I are on for Monday 11AM at the Gloucester High School. Will stay close in if winds are as forecast. Otherwise meander out a bit.

All are welcome!

Directions below.

Cheers.

Ern