Tuck's to Baker's, Miseries, M'head.

subaruguru

Bill L, Fisherman Leon and I launched from Tuck's Point in a mostly cloudy sky, soon encountering moderate chop in light winds heading out to Baker. As I launched I heard a loud SNAP as my "oh I'll use nylon for less weight" cutesiness in choosing new seat hanger bolts proved shortsighted. Oh well...just a loose left hip...no big deal. Soon I was looking for a little skeg, quickly realizing as I force-kinked the cable that it must be rock-jammed. We just skirted Baker's, Bill and I deciding on lunch at Little Misery, thus allowing Leon some extra time to try to catch us blues for dinner....

We ambled down the coast a bit, eventually Leon deciding to get in a workout back to Tuck's.

Well Bill and I decided to shadow him very closely. I was able to keep up, despite inability to brace my left foot, for about a mile, but then felt that damned pressure-pain just above my heart, so slowed to a moderate cruise, watching L & B eventually fade in the distance. I came in only about 100 yds behind them, feeling pretty good, just not knowing where my limits are.

It seems that some kind of arythmia appears around 140 bpm; exhaustive tests prove no pathology nor do I have an imposed exercise limitation. Yet the cardiologists suggest that I not try to "provoke" further incidents simply for research purposes! Hey, what's an aging fart with a screwy but healthy ticker supposed to do? What if Leon had caught fish and tried to get them home without sharing?!

Bill, you may not quite love your Quest yet, but you DO MOVE it well, eh?

We may be repeating similar trips weekdays. All are welcome to join.

Cheers.

Ern

I think lowering the seat and the 25-30lbs of ballast I put in the boat gave her a lot more initial stability. The only drawback, with so much ballast in her, she is hard to lean and turn. One good thing though, I almost kept up with Leon, which tells me that she is a lot faster than my Captiva.

I think lowering the seat and the 25-30lbs of ballast I put in the boat gave her a lot more initial stability. The only drawback, with so much ballast in her, she is hard to lean and turn. One good thing though, I almost kept up with Leon, which tells me that she is a lot faster than my Captiva.

Hi Bill,

I can bring the Chatham foam seat Saturday, or mail it to you if I don't see you at the meeting.

Ern