Cohasset Harbor 8/17

dan_f

Many thanks to David Lewis for posting a very enjoyable paddle from Cohasset Harbor. We first went to Minot Light, then headed NW towards Nantasket Beach. After stopping for lunch, we paddled N for another mile or so, then S to Little Harbor where the rest of the group (Les, Judy, David, and John) played in the current while I took photos. A beautiful day and great company. I posted some photos at http://danielfabricant.com/

Dan

Many thanks to David Lewis for posting a very enjoyable paddle from Cohasset Harbor. We first went to Minot Light, then headed NW towards Nantasket Beach. After stopping for lunch, we paddled N for another mile or so, then S to Little Harbor where the rest of the group (Les, Judy, David, and John) played in the current while I took photos. A beautiful day and great company. I posted some photos at http://danielfabricant.com/

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the pics you took--is there anyway I can get a copy of one or two of the pics? Les

Great photos, Dan, thanks for posting them! I meant to take a closer look at your camera -- a Canon, I remember you saying, but waterproof? Or protected?

And thanks to David for posting the trip ... the Cohasset put-in may be a bit south of many NSPNers' mental charts, but it shouldn't be overlooked -- the shoreline there is beautiful, and there's a wide variety of neat stuff (hard, soft, bumpy) to do nearby. Highlights of my day (besides good paddling company) were playing in the tidal current at Little Harbor (always fun when the tide's right), going out to Minot Light, and FINALLY getting to see the tiny house clinging to the tiny island off of Gun Rock Beach (which as a child I'd often stared wistfully out at from shore) up close ... and somebody was home!

And finally, Mother Nature came along for the ride. Where has she been all summer?

Judy

Yes, it was fun -- Cohasset is a great place to paddle. And we only hit about half the highlights. But shhh... don't tell anybody. :)

Black Rocks is the name of the islands with the tiny cabin where the residents were furiously stowing gear in the shed.

Here's the route. Note the indecision about where to stop for lunch. But we found a gorgeous spot that looked like Maine, with friendly owners who welcomed us to land.

353760328_5RmaN-M.jpg

Great photos, Dan, thanks for posting them! I meant to take a closer look at your camera -- a Canon, I remember you saying, but waterproof? Or protected?

And thanks to David for posting the trip ... the Cohasset put-in may be a bit south of many NSPNers' mental charts, but it shouldn't be overlooked -- the shoreline there is beautiful, and there's a wide variety of neat stuff (hard, soft, bumpy) to do nearby. Highlights of my day (besides good paddling company) were playing in the tidal current at Little Harbor (always fun when the tide's right), going out to Minot Light, and FINALLY getting to see the tiny house clinging to the tiny island off of Gun Rock Beach (which as a child I'd often stared wistfully out at from shore) up close ... and somebody was home!

And finally, Mother Nature came along for the ride. Where has she been all summer?

Judy

Judy,

Looking at the picture it was taken from a:

Camera Model Name : Canon PowerShot SD700 IS

Exposure Time : 1/400

F Number : 5.5

Shutter Speed Value : 1/403

Aperture Value : 5.5

Focal Length : 23.2 mm

Software : Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 Windows

-Jason

Judy

Hi Judy,

As Jason figured out, I used a Canon SD700IS in a waterproof case. David is a fan of the waterproof Pentax cameras, and they are a lot smaller. I like the image stabilization of the Canon and the image quality. The Pentax cameras may be a better choice for most people though.

Dan