Boston Harbor 8/17?

bazzert

Many thanks Kevin for initiating a great trip. Great weather, challenging conditions and interesting stop offs made for a nice day. Just shy of 10 nautical miles, and I just discovered I can get the following information out of my gps ...

MPH % of total distance

2 6.5

3 26

4 30.5

5 28

6 2.6

7 .12 (this was for 76ft, surfing down some swell off the norther tip of long island!)

Here's the track ...

winthropbos8172008nv2.th.jpg

Barry

Many thanks Kevin for initiating a great trip. Great weather, challenging conditions and interesting stop offs made for a nice day. Just shy of 10 nautical miles, and I just discovered I can get the following information out of my gps ...

MPH % of total distance

2 6.5

3 26

4 30.5

5 28

6 2.6

7 .12 (this was for 76ft, surfing down some swell off the norther tip of long island!)

Here's the track ...

winthropbos8172008nv2.th.jpg

Barry

Barry,

Thanks for posting this. It looks like we were keeping up a decent pace despite the wind. Looking at the chart you posted, there might have been a little drifting backwards around Rainsford Island. That seemed to be the windiest portion of the trip, and there was probably more waiting their for the group to tighten up there than anywhere else, so I'm not surprised.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. It was a fun trip.

Marc

Hey Barry,

Thanks to all for a fun trip!

My Cetus proved less tracky and a bit more bouncy-bowed in the heavier chop than I'd like (yet especially stable and comfy), so I look forward to a similar trip soon in the Force5 to see it it's preferable in the 15 knot winds we endured.

Cheers.

Ern

PS Barry, is the uncounted 6% at 0mph when assembling for ferries and launches?

That was really a fun trip. What it lacked in distance was more than made up, for me at least, by the somewhat choppy conditions and the fascinating tour of Fort Warren.

Many thanks to Kevin for putting this together.

Here are a few pics I took with my new wrist camera:

Boston Harbor photos

Blaine

Pictures!:

Boston Harbor Islands 8/17/08

Lots of the Boston skyline... I figured that one of them had to turn out.

Great trip... Thanks for showing me around!

Shaila, wow, great picks and Barry, thanks for the gps route. Special thanks to Marc for his guided tour of Ft. Warren.

Great to paddle with everyone...a great group overall and a great day.

Wow...some great photos!

Wish I had brought my camera, as I wanted to get a shot of that huge tanker bearing on us at the last crossing!

Cheers.