Saturday 8/9 - Level 3 - Tucks To Gloucester?

alcoons

The paddling north of Manchester-By-The-Sea was so attractive on last Saturday's aborted paddle that I would like to complete it. This Saturday seems to be the good weather day!

Butts in Boats Launch Time: 9:30 AM (let me know how you feel about this).

Put-in: Tucks Point.

Route: Tentative Route: Tucks Point, to Norman's Woe and return (12 miles) or, less likely (old farts disease) as far as The Dogbar (Glouchester) and return (15 miles). See http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2152152. Lunch on the way

Level: 3.

Type: CAM with expectations that we all stay together and work together.

Tide: Low 11:50 AM

Requires a minimum of three confirmed experienced paddlers. Stay tuned here for confirmation or changes.

Al

Cetus

Red/White

Arrrgh ... so it's not Sunday, after all? Wish I could join you, but Saturday's out. Have fun!

Sorry Judy.

Weather is finally suppose to be good Saturday and the "possible thunderstorms in the afternoon" story Sunday. If we do not get enough takers Saturday, perhaps we can switch to Sunday early launch.

Al

Al -

I'm interested, but can't commit just yet. If my other plans fall through, I'm available either day. Will know later tonight.

Blaine

Al -

I'll be there. See you close to 9. Is Tucks Point right next to Singing Beach?

Blaine

The paddling north of Manchester-By-The-Sea was so attractive on last Saturday's aborted paddle that I would like to complete it. This Saturday seems to be the good weather day!

Butts in Boats Launch Time: 9:30 AM (let me know how you feel about this).

Put-in: Tucks Point.

Route: Tentative Route: Tucks Point, to Norman's Woe and return (12 miles) or, less likely (old farts disease) as far as The Dogbar (Glouchester) and return (15 miles). See http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2152152. Lunch on the way

Level: 3.

Type: CAM with expectations that we all stay together and work together.

Tide: Low 11:50 AM

Requires a minimum of three confirmed experienced paddlers. Stay tuned here for confirmation or changes.

Al

Cetus

Red/White

Hi Al,

Planning on getting up early, packing a lunch and heading down from NH to join in.

Scott

Parking.

We need to continue to be sensitive to the private nature of the put-in.

When you arrive, assuming few other cars that early in the morning, there should be no problem parking near the front row of the parking lot, carrying your boat and gear across the narrow road to the grass, and then immediately moving your vehicle to the very back of the parking lot on the grass along the tree line. Please do not park on the road, or if for some reason the lot is crowded that early, anywhere near the front to drop off your boat.

We will talk about take out logistics at the paddle.

Al