New Year's Day Paddle Possibility

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

G and I are thinking about (it might depend on the prior evenings libations ;) ) a short paddle on the first in the Salem, Marblehead, Swampscott area. This would be ideal for those who have yet to venture out in winter conditions, but would like to get at least their feet wet. It would be a late start, perhaps 11/1130 am and it wouldn't be an epic paddle. Think of it as the first L2/L3 transition paddle of 2008! If anyone is interested, please post here or pop off an email to myself or G.

(it will also depend on the whether, which is looking that great at the moment).

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Dec 30 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G and I are thinking about (it might depend on the prior evenings libations ;) ) a short paddle on the first in the Salem, Marblehead, Swampscott area. This would be ideal for those who have yet to venture out in winter conditions, but would like to get at least their feet wet. It would be a late start, perhaps 11/1130 am and it wouldn't be an epic paddle. Think of it as the first L2/L3 transition paddle of 2008! If anyone is interested, please post here or pop off an email to myself or G.

(it will also depend on the whether, which is looking that great at the moment).

The tides are right for a nice seal paddle on the Merrimack. Given the potential weather, this may end up being the best choice. Will post final decision tomorrow morning at 8am.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Dec 31 2007, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tides are right for a nice seal paddle on the Merrimack. Given the potential weather, this may end up being the best choice. Will post final decision tomorrow morning at 8am.

Hmmm...sounds great.

Happy and safe hullaballooing tonight.

Ern

well since i haven't been in my boat in ages except for the pool session, i might opt for a baby session of cold water rolling and rockin rescues at forest river - my luck a seal will knock me over and i'll forget how to do a wet exit :)

well since i haven't been in my boat in ages except for the pool session, i might opt for a baby session of cold water rolling and rockin rescues at forest river - my luck a seal will knock me over and i'll forget how to do a wet exit :)

If the weather is not bad, The Merrimac sounds good to me.

Peter

If the weather is not bad, The Merrimac sounds good to me.

Peter

We're going to have to play it by ear now. Leaving Boston last night, G forgot her bag at our friend's house, so we have to retrieve that first today :mad: Still going to try to paddle, but have no idea as to when...

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 1 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're going to have to play it by ear now. Leaving Boston last night, G forgot her bag at our friend's house, so we have to retrieve that first today :mad: Still going to try to paddle, but have no idea as to when...

Kev,

Don't feel bad. We were up til 4AM crazed on Fictionary. Haven't slept past noon in decades.

Happy Happy.

Ern