Post-Turkey Day Traditional Trip to Misery

eneumeier

A long-standing NSPN tradition is to bring left-overs to share on Misery Island (landing on Gr. Misery, side facing Little Misery) on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

People choose their own routes, launching from Marblehead, Beverly or Manchester, etc. timing it to:

Meet at Misery at 1 PM.

Weather permitting, of course, I will leave from Tucks Point in Manchester for the short trip. Launch time: 12:00 Noon.

Post interest in participating and where (and when) you want to launch from so everyone has someone to paddle with.

Liz N.

A long-standing NSPN tradition is to bring left-overs to share on Misery Island (landing on Gr. Misery, side facing Little Misery) on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

People choose their own routes, launching from Marblehead, Beverly or Manchester, etc. timing it to:

Meet at Misery at 1 PM.

Weather permitting, of course, I will leave from Tucks Point in Manchester for the short trip. Launch time: 12:00 Noon.

Post interest in participating and where (and when) you want to launch from so everyone has someone to paddle with.

Liz N.

I'm probably up for it, probably from Tuck's Point?

Why no responses yet? Isn't this usually a big group?

Happy and safe Turkey Day, all.

Why no responses yet? Isn't this usually a big group?

I DUNNO. DEATH OF A TRADITION? We used to have pods leaving from 3 or 4 points. I guess at the 10th anniversary party we can reminisce

- about the time winds picked up and the Marblehead group paddled back into 40 kt headwinds - and a Coast Guard helicopter flew overhead checking out who those idiots were (concluding correctly that no assistance was needed)

- the warm weather one, peel off that gear and sunbathe while eating leftover pumpkin pie

- using seaweed to put out an impromptu campfire (must have been a boyscout along who started it)

- the notorious rescue of a capsized and hypothermic novice

and more.

I WILL CHECK THE WEATHER AND POST BY 8 AM IF I AM LEAVING FROM TUCK'S.

Given the lack of interest, weather forecast and my to do list, I am canceling.

Liz

Aw...too bad! Given what I ate yesterday I was looking forward to a good paddle.

Hope to see you on the water.

Ern