Squam Lake trip 10.12-14

gyork

I paddled Squam several times this summer with a friend who owns a Bell Magic solo canoe. Although its' shoreline is fully developed with homes and camps, they are well set back and screened in a way that doesn't overpower the visual environment for those who paddle it. It surely has many neat nooks and crannies and islands that are open undeveloped spaces that are great places to indulge in swims on hot summer days. It is a good and well managed lake with excellent views of the Sandwich Range all the way to Mt. Chocorua. Looks like you had a good camping - paddling trip. Missed it as I watched my son row rather then paddle down the Merrimack in the Lowell Textile Regatta.

I paddled Squam several times this summer with a friend who owns a Bell Magic solo canoe. Although its' shoreline is fully developed with homes and camps, they are well set back and screened in a way that doesn't overpower the visual environment for those who paddle it. It surely has many neat nooks and crannies and islands that are open undeveloped spaces that are great places to indulge in swims on hot summer days. It is a good and well managed lake with excellent views of the Sandwich Range all the way to Mt. Chocorua. Looks like you had a good camping - paddling trip. Missed it as I watched my son row rather then paddle down the Merrimack in the Lowell Textile Regatta.

Looks like you guys had a great time!

A blustery beginning and end with a picture-perfect day in between. Pix at: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561054115paxlNl

Gary

I had a great time on this trip and thank you Gary for organizing the trip. After dinner at the campsite, I heard many good reports from the terrific borsch that Gary's wife made. Also, the omlets in the AM were the best. My photos are at http://community.webshots.com/user/kayakfire.

Bill