Ogunquit on Monday

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

I am going out on monday, somewhere near Portsmouth and was going to post for other interested paddlers. :captain:

Since most have to work I 'll plan on joining you. Don't know any put ins in Ogunquit, But there is the Saco/ Biddeford pool paddle or York/ Nubble paddle as an alternate.

Could plan on some skills play if there is interest.....

Paul

I just checked the tide table for Kennebunkport.

High at 10:20 am

Low at 4:24 pm

I have never launched from either Kennebunk or York, so either one would be fine with me. Does either one have good rock gardens?

Wherever we launch, we'll be returning against an ebb tide, with all the current and mud-slogging that entails.

From the Google satellite it looks like there's a bit of rocky stuff just South of Kennebunk, but I don't have a chart handy.

Anyone got a chart of that area? Local knowledge?

Rob

Kev,

I didn't mean to change the launch site on you. Ogunquit would be fine with me. The tides will be the same, though, launching near high and returning near low.

My local knowledge of that area is ZERO, though, so we need someone else to pipe up with details.

Rob

Can't we launch at Ogunquit Beach? The side near the river is for surfers. May need to pay for parking still. They never stopped me there with a surfboard. The plus is that they also have public restrooms. I can't imagine they closed them for the season especially on a holiday weekend. North from there is all sand through Wells.......long stretch. Going south however, is a beautiful rocky coastline to Perkins Cove area if a short paddle is desired. Surf will be much better than the other night I would think. Knee high today and growing throughout the week.

Doug

What about 11 AM? High tide is very high there, plus the later, the warmer. But whatever everyone agrees to.

Doug

It looks like I'm out for today. :headBang: Don't have to teach today, but it looks like I'm going to have to go in to the office for a while. Probably still paddle, but not sure when and it will end up being local.