Monomoy or Race Point (Cape Cod) 10/5 or 6 or 7

Adam Bolonsky

Leave from either Morris Island or one of the bayside beaches to paddle Monomoy or Race Point/Wood End Light.

Post interest here. I can do this 10/5, 6 or 7.

Plan to cover 8-12 miles. I hope to be stopping, while trolling, to land bluefish or striped bass. Bring a rod if you want to fish or borrow one of mine.

The fall fish migration is worth seeing, especially if bluefin tuna are active around Race Point and in Cape Cod Bay. A surfaced feeding school of bluefin looks like the approach of a large rolling and breaking wave.

Post interest here or email me at adambolonsky at yahoo dot com

:shark:

Leave from either Morris Island or one of the bayside beaches to paddle Monomoy or Race Point/Wood End Light.

Plan to cover 8-12 miles. I hope to be stopping, while trolling, to land bluefish or striped bass. Bring a rod if you want to fish or borrow one of mine.

The fall fish migration is worth seeing, especially if bluefin tuna are active around Race Point and in Cape Cod Bay. A surfaced feeding school of bluefin looks like the approach of a large rolling and breaking wave.

I will be there with new reel and add some bird watching to the game.

I May be staying in Truro that weekend. Have you decided what day youll head out and where.

John

Hi John, I plan to paddle Cape Cod Bay on Thursday or Friday, leaving from either Campground Beach in Wellfleet or a beach further north in Truro. I'll be on the hunt for bluefish.

Most fun paddle would be from Truro to Race Point or Wood End. :woohoo:

Why don't we get in contact via email. A group of us will also paddle Monomoy one of the weekend days.

adambolonsky at yahoo dot com

Post interest here. I can do this 10/5, 6 or 7

I'm not set up for fishing but would like to join you. (I'll happily clean and eat one!)

I'd like to join you, especially if it's Monomoy and you don't start at the crack of dawn (as I'll be coming from Boston.) Will you keep us posted about when and where to meet and how to get to the put-in? For the environment's sake I wouldn't mind carpooling if anyone else is coming from Boston...

Many thanks,

Hope Haff in JP 617-522-4634

Hi John and Hope,

the Monomoy day is up in the air, meaning which day we plan to paddle there. Southwesterlies and northwesterllies make the place a chore.

Just a heads up that this can be a long day out of the house - with a lot of that time spent at Monomoy lying around once we get there, knowing the crew I'll be paddling with.

So if that's your style, and you're equipped to manage tide and wind, join us once I know when we'll be where.

Adam

"Just a heads up that this can be a long day out of the house - with a lot of that time spent at Monomoy lying around once we get there, knowing the crew I'll be paddling with.

So if that's your style, and you're equipped to manage tide and wind, join us once I know when we'll be where. "

I plan to be there too, and suggest doing Monomoy on Saturday, launching from Morris Island Rd around mid-morning and making a long, relaxing day of it: paddle out the southway and bird watch, etc. The forecast is getting a lot better every day.

Liz

If it works for you Adam, we are thinking of meeting 'promptly' at Morris Island Neck at 10:30 am and launching from there.