Tuck's Point to Kettle Island

dan_f

What kind of boat does vadim have? It looks like it has a huge cockpit - just what I'm looking for.

Hi Frank,

Vadim's boat is a Valley Q-boat. It's for a medium to large paddler but it's based on the Anas Acuta

Have you ever considered the Gulfstream? or Impex Assateague? or Explorer HV ? All are great performing boats designed for a large paddler and have generous sized cockpits.

Hi Frank,

Vadim's boat is a Valley Q-boat. It's for a medium to large paddler but it's based on the Anas Acuta

Have you ever considered the Gulfstream? or Impex Assateague? or Explorer HV ? All are great performing boats designed for a large paddler and have generous sized cockpits.

I can't sit with my legs out straight for long periods. I need to be able to bring my knees up periodically so I need a relatively large open cockpit. Tried the Explorer HV and it doesn't work. The Assateague is much better. Best fit so far is the 35" long cockpit in the Solstice GT Titan (but I'd prefer a skeg to a rudder). I've tried the Scirroco and it was a torture bed - so that rules out the Gulfstream (its glass cousin). Want to do an on-water trial of the Aquanaut HV (might be better for me than the Q-boat), the Capella 173 and maybe a retrial of the Shadow. Further suggestions welcomed.

I can't sit with my legs out straight for long periods. I need to be able to bring my knees up periodically so I need a relatively large open cockpit.

The new Epic 16X and 18X are redesigned with enormous cockpits which facilitate raising the knees which is the preferred position of those who race. CRK&K has them to demo.