Merrimac River

Suz

Haven't been in my boat since October 2. This was the longest I have spent off the water in 4 years. I was having serious withdrawals and even though the boxes are piled high from the move and everything is in disarray, there are priorities and being on the water was one!

My Explorer and gear was hidden away at my parents in Salisbury so that I couldn't paddle during the move. So first stop was there to pick up and considering time was short, Werner and I decided to throw our boats in at the Merrimac and play at the mouth for a very short hour and half. Tide was incoming and the boat breaking sandbar was nowhere to be found and nothing much was happening so we played for a bit at both the north and south corners of the mouth. Just enough swirly water that it was a bit interesting.

Just what I needed! And the best part was, when we were done, I came HOME and put my boat in the GARAGE!! Yippee!! So what if the kitchen and bath are 1950's - I can keep boats!

Electrician has arrived so I have to go for now.

Suz