January 16th Beverly to Misery

Bill Gwynn

Four of us met at Tuck Point boat ramp in Beverly for a 10am launch. We had a bit af a late start, Walter had a heck of a time getting his new system for warm feet together, but we forgave him for his tardiness because he brought lunch. Two other cold weather kayakers put-in while we getting ready (no one we knew) one of them in a surf-ski, the other in a skinny Necky racing boat, they both had wing paddles. We did tell them about NSPN of course.

Our original plan was to head South towards Marblehead, but the weather report forecasted stronger winds than expected from the NE as the day progressed, so we decided to head towards Manchester so we would have the wind at our backs for the return trip. This proved to be a good plan, the return trip was fast with a 18K increasing to 22K tail wind. We had our usual stop at Misery for lunch. The day was uneventful and fun.

Pictures and GPS track by Brad can be seen at [http://www.kayakpics.com/gallery/album41]

Bill great trip report. Brad great pictures.

Roger I beat you back to the put in.

It was another great day on the water with a great group of people.

The latex socks worked. My feet were dry and warm. I just need to find a quicker way to get them on.

See you all at the Nav workshop Tuesday.

Thanks again.

Walter

Impex Serenity

Sunburst/Ivory