Idealic winter paddle

glad

Last sunday two souls plus a last minute add-on and minus the Leader of course, braved the calm seas and light breeze to venture out of Greasy Pole. It was a lovely overcast day, water 47 F and we easily cruised our way past the Dog Bar and into Brace's Cove for a snack. Our turn around point was Good Harbor Beach where many other folk were out enjoying the 50 degree day. We past some surfers at Good Harbor Beach taking very short rides.

The high point of the trip for me was getting over my fear of the cold stuff and testing my new and improved dry suit with those yummy gortex booties (what a great idea, thanks Erica). Into the water I walked immersing to above my head. Proving to myself the dry suit WAS dry, it was time to try a few rolls. With Shelly spotting I did two out of two rolls, and caught only a moderate ice cream headache and a bit of dizziness.

The fear factor now lessened and feeling like I reached a major benchmark, the clouds celebrated too with a firey crimson sky floating over Gloucester Harbor.