Salem Harbor Full Moon paddle tonight (7/31)

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Forest River Park 9:15pm butts in boat time. Paddle around the harbor. Expect to be on the water 2-2.5 hours. The forecast is for clearing skies, so hopefully it'll be right. If the weather doesn't clear, might cancel since doing the paddle in order to enjoy the full moon. Will post that decision by 6pm.

Kevin, I might be able to join you tonight. Having never paddled with you or in that harbor, what conditions/skill level should I expect? I am an intermediate paddler but not a speed demon. I have a 17'shenai/wilderness systems sea kayak. Shari

Kevin,

What's the parking situation? Also do you have a street address or a landmark around the launch location, as this will be a new location for me.

Thanks -Jason

cool see you guys there! bring some light - not white though, we generally use a soft green glo stick that we'll put in our pfds on the back and then have a headlamp or flashlight in case you need it. i think we have some extra glo sticks of anyone needs them.

Kevin,

Count me in, it sounds like fun. I will check out the directions. I assume that we are parking near the put in? I will just need a hand from someone getting my boat off the top of my van... pretty high up. thanks!

Hi Kevin,

I'm coming along too so see you soon! I'm going to try to pick up a glow stick somewhere but could you bring an extra in case I don't get one?

Thanks!

...er, Shari, might you be interested in an E-ZLoad system? Side-loading rack that pulls down to waist-level for loading, then you simply push it back up...and "Bob's yer uncle", as they say. I know where there is just such a one for sale (ha ha!)