New to NSPN

Daniel Salem

Welcome!

You'll find that there will be good paddling opportunities right in the Salem area.Check the calender and the private trips section of the message board. There are skills sessions every couple of weeks in Salem harbor, and the Chebacco Lake practice sessions on Thursday evenings are a good way to meet paddlers and have fun.

You might hook up with these people in Marblehead too...

http://www.nspn.org/htdocs/dcforum/DCForumID15/476.html

I too, highly recommend chebacco and forest river park postings...There's always a plethora (sp?) of opportunities!

Welcome

Quote: "There's always a plethora (sp?) of opportunities!"

Heidi (we have still to meet, I believe, and Kevin/Gillian say that I'll like you -- and I'm sure they are right),

Your spelling is good; but your usage is less so: I presume that you mean "there always a plethora..." since that word is a plural? ;^)

Works for me...

;)

Any friend of K/G's a friend of mine.

see ya on the watah...

Welcome:)

I live in Salem as well and I am looking for any opportunity to go out. I am mostly available 3pm and after during the week and at variable times on the weekend. I know that someone has posted from Marblehead and I would be happy to go out with them, I just want to make sure that my skill level (fairly new) will match the outing.

Shaila

I second that, because I also am fairly new and WORK in Salem getting out at 4ish... Shaila and I have kicked around ideas of planning something but it hasn't happened yet. The more the merrier! :)

My dear Sir Godfrey... actually, I believe Heidi's usage is, indeed, correct. "Plethora" is a singular noun. So, "is" refers to "plethora" rather than to the plural "opportunities." Alternatively, "there are always plethoric opportunities available" would be correct as plethoric, in this case, is an adjective modifying the plural noun "opportunities."

Now, of course, this is per the somewhat crude American version of English and usage may (and does!) differ in the original mother tongue. :-))

Cheers!

First, to answer Carl: I daresay you are right, old shipmate; but I have to say that I still suspect that what is being described (a plethora of ?) may influence the choice of verb...(dubious, I know -- and, yes, I'm stretching it somewhat). No: disregard: I kow-tow to you!! (Heidi: I apologise in public and shall do penance -- maybe I'll go out paddling for you this evening) I think that plethora was a plural noun; but I gather that it is actually plethora, plethorae. It Latin; but from Greek...

Secondly, hello other old shipmate (you, Paula): what (or who) the heck is BB? (King?) When I understand that, I'll give you an answer...gladly!

apologise? apologize? ;)

With the loss of the edit function - no need! I'm pretty laid back with context vs text....happy to get the welcome message to paddle across any-which-way. No worries! :)

Looking forward to some relaxing excursions with new and old friends in the near future!

:)

Daniel, Welcome. Don't be concerned that you've only "lunched" solo a few times. Many of us eat alone...especially in really old neoprene.

Hi Daniel,

I am in Wenham and would be interested in joining all of you. I'm an intermediate paddler, but happy to get out on the water with any group. I would love to explore Salem since I have never paddled there. I have been out and around Manchester, Beverly, and Essex River Basin. Email sharigallant@verizon.net or (978) 468-0234. Thanks!