Fourth of July Gloucester to Rockport (and back, but only if you want to do that part ;)

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Put in at Gloucester High and paddle counterclockwise to Rockport. For those who don't want to paddle back, we'll have a car in Rockport for a ride back to the put in. 10am butts in boat time, usual SNG rules apply.

If part of the group wants to circumnavigate Cape Anne, we can while the others get a ride back to the put in.

Sounds like fun. I'll come along too.

July 4 tides for Gloucester show a morning low at 8:40 am and a high at 2:58 pm.

That means we'll have to buck the current though the cut. Those who choose to make the whole circumnav will have the tide with them up the Annisquam, though.

Rob

Explorer - white

Any possibility of having Lanes Cove as a pickup point? The paddle around Halibut point is very scenic but gets a little "suburbanized" after that. If we could coordinate it I could leave my vehicle there. Just another option, although I may bend to peer pressure if everyone is doing a circumnav. ( Just say No)

Ross

I'm in for at least the first half. It looks like about 8 miles each way, right? Also, if it helps with the car spot I have an Outback that can take 3 passengers + gear. Although the rack only takes one boat, so I'm not sure if that helps or not. Anyway, I'll be at the put-in early just in case.

Kevin F.

978-902-3603 C

I like Ross's Lane's Cove idea.

I'd like to plan on doing the complete circuit, but if the promised SW wind proves to be a murderous headwind after we turn Halibut Point it would be handy to tuck into Lane's and hop in the car!

Any rest stops planned? Thatcher's? Folly Cove? (Both! Both!)

Rob

Explorer - still white

It was a challenge for me, that's for sure. I think the weather also got serious a little earlier than expected. Thanks again to everyone for your patience, especially to Christopher for good clear advice and to Rob & Ross for a quick, efficient rescue. Hope to see you all again.

Kevin Fredette