SNG Wednesday 10/25 Mancheseter to Marblehead 10:30 AM

shewhorn

Update - Meet at Tucks Point in Manchester, MA at 10:30 AM. I'll be monitoring channel 72. My mobile is 650-279-6268 if anyone needs to reach me the day of. Water temp is about 54 degrees. Exact route TBD depending upon conditions (predictions are 15-20 knot winds from the northwest, if we need protection from the wind we'll stay closer to shore). The general plan is to hug the coast to black rock. Depending upon conditions we may cross to Marblehead from Black or continue along the coast towards Salem.

I just wanted to put out some feelers to see if anyone else is interested in doing a longer paddle this week? I'd like to do at least 10 nm paddle, longer (15+???) if the conditions are permitting. If anyone else is interested please post here with your availability. My sched is generally quite flexible during the weekdays.

Cheers, Joe

Sounds good. Do you have any preference for time?

Cheers, Joe

I'll be there.

The forecast has climbed down a bit, now NW 15-20-25/3-5. But in the Sound, especially near the shore, it should be milder.

--David

---------------------------------------------------

Regarding Manchester-Marblehead on Wednesday, if the forecast holds up there will be a stiff crosswind...

Wed -- NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.

The seas in Salem Sound will not be nearly that big, of course, especially since the swell is toward the SE. But it'll be blowing from NW all day and night Tuesday too, so the sea state will not be utterly placid ;-))). The trick would probably be to stay toward the northern shore of the Sound, inside the Miseries rather than swing out by Childrens and Bakers (unless you want big, breaking stuff all around you). Could be fun, with lots of different wind angles to play with. But it will be a workout.

I might join you -- depends on some other factors.

--David.