Surf SNG Sunday (10/8) Cranes Beach UPDATE--

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

If I decide not to do the Cape Ann trip, any interest in surfing off of Cranes? Surf forecast looks to be predicting 3/4 footers although I'm new predicting surf. Post here if interest and I'll decide which trip to do on Sat. This would be good for those not yet used to surf.

UPDATE--CONOMO POINT 1PM PUT IN---RIDE TIDE OUT TO CRANES TO SEE WHAT"S AROUND. IF NO SURF, WILL FIND ROCKS. USUAL SNG RULES APPLY...

PLEASE POST INTEREST. IF NONE, MIGHT PADDLE ESLEWHERE.

FOR THOSE NEW TO SURF, GOOD PLACE TO START LEARNING...DON"T WORRY ABOUT BEING A BURDEN SINCE I LOVE RESCUE PRACTICE ;) .

If you want those options consider Lane's Cove, a quick trip to Crane's or the rocks of Cape Ann.

There was bouncy stuff here and there, enough to practice bongo slide and return to the water for a novice, but nothing clean for those satisfying long rides. Really flattened out in the PM also. Best of luck if you do go.

Sounds interesting..... Do you think the conditions would suit a relative surf novice? I haven't paddled around Cranes before although I've been off Wingaersheek and in the upper Annisquam. Nice bumping into you at nesc this morning; how'd the Merrimac treat you?

Jon

Hey Kevin... pls keep me posted. May be interested in either if I decide the drive to Popham is too long in the morning. thanks!!

Carl,

Rt 128N to the exit for rt133 towards Essex. Follow 133 for a couple of miles until you see a British pub. Turn at the pub and follow that road for about a mile until you see a sign on the left for Conomo Point. Stay to the left on that road and you'll come to the water. The put in will be on your right marked by a sandy lot with picnic tables.

Would love to (really!) but I have another hobby that is begging for attention tomorrow: rockets. There is a big launch tomorrow in Amesbury and I have some large rockets I am sending up.

Thanks for the enjoyable paddle today, Kevin.

Brian

P&H Capella 163

Red/White/Black trim