Level 2 SNG Joppa Flats Last minute invites

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

This is very last minute, but it's too calm and warm out there to pass up the chance. I'm a bit too tired to want to travel far and wide for a paddle, so I'm going to put in at the Joppa Flats boat ramp at around 10:15 this morning if anyone wants to join me. The plan is to ride the tide up the Merrimack river and then ride the tide back. High tide is slated for around 11 and with the delay up river, we should be able to paddle pretty far inland. Potential to peek in at Indian River and other creeks since we'll have high water levels. This is a level 2 due the current on the Merrimack and possible distance based on how the groups feels. As with any SNG, the usual precautions apply. I'll launch solo if no one shows, but if you want to get a hold of me, you can call me at 978.270.8170 or I'll be on channel 73 close to launch time and while on the water.

The Joppa Flats boat ramp on on Merrimack street. If coming from the the center of town, its about one mile on the left (a long sea wall marks the spot).